People often believe that they should be breathing deeper. However, when we breathe from the upper chest, gulping in air through the mouth before each sentence; when our habitual exhalations are short; when we snore, yawn and cough a lot in the night, and awaken in the morning feeling tired with a dry mouth and blocked nose: we are certainly over-breathing. The tendency to involuntarily and habitually over-breathe is known as chronic hyperventilation.
Breathwork helps you to experience the following:
• elimination of asthma and allergic symptoms
• normalisation of blood pressure, weight and cholesterol levels
• improved sleep patterns and cessation of snoring
• greater mental clarity and improved concentration
• increased energy and stamina
• improved functioning of the digestive and metabolic systems
• reduction in anxiety and other stress-related symptoms
• and more general improvements to overall well-being!